Re: IML: 1966 Coupe trim code decoding

Christopher H <imperial67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually, since there was no "L" for 1966, I'm
curious where this fender tag came from! Does the VIN match yours?

I wasn't going to open up that bottle, but now that the genie is out -- has your car been in a front end wreck?  The '66 front clip is replaced in its entirety (despite what the FSM says), and the tag may have come from another car.  I second the "check the VIN" suggestion.

Happy motoring,

David

'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 Crown Coupe project
'66 LeBaron dual air and every option known to man