73 Steering Linkage

I recently posted a problem regarding the steering linkage on my 73 and got
a couple of responses but have still got some concerns.  Thought I would
ask again and see if I could stir some additional possibilities.  What I've
got is the inside joint on the inner tie rod rubs on the torsion bar.  It
doesn't seem to affect the steering though.  I thought maybe the torsion
bar isn't adjusted correctly (it had new lower control arms installed
recently) and was too low.  Now I'm wondering whether instead of the
torsion bar being too low, if the idler arm is holding the linkage too high.

Someone had suggested before that the idler arm bushing may be the problem
but this looks to be something more than just worn bushings.  Although all
the linkage looks tight enough, most of the crown nuts don't have cotter
keys through them (which makes me a little nervous) and probably indicates
that someone in the past has had it all apart.  Could a wrong idler arm
have been installed - one that would have a wrong angle for an Imperial but
would still fit?  I guess it could even have been bent but don't really
think so.  Does anyone have a good picture or diagram of what the idler arm
on a 73 should look like that I can compare?  The one in the FSM is kind of
small but it does look somewhat different than what I think I have.  Any
thoughts?

Tony Wright
58 Crown (not running)
73 LeBaron (barely running)