Imperials, environmentally friendly! was: Federal Funding of ...

Imperials, environmentally friendly! was: Federal Funding of ...

        But most if not all Imperials can be converted to
other fuels like LPG when gas gets too bad. I've heard
of some Imperialists here running these no-emission
fuels, and they have the same cars:)

        The solution of the problem is to start a lobbyist
group against bad emission laws (bad- because not all
of them are bad- it's the bad ones like these junker
crushers which need to be stopped- as opposed, to say,
laws against removing cats on cars which originally
had them!).

        What it comes down to is power, stupidity, and fear-
the 3 things which control all human actions in this
world. Politicans gain power through their jobs and
the wealth that comes with it- by pushing these laws,
they can say they are against pollution, and the
stupidity of the general public allows for such people
to get into and stay in office- as the general public
hears about the new laws from the anti-pollution
politicans and thus cast their votes accordingly.

        I personally don't fell that even when my finished
Dynasty/Imperial project is done, it will adversely
effect the environment. I've got my cats on, I recycle
my used oil and batteries, and the extra power & water
injection will allow my engine to do more with less
work- which translates to better gas mileage (depends
on how you drive though!). That, and if my project
gets bigger then I think it will, there's always LPG
to give me the extra octane requirements.

        BTW- Hot Rod magazine did a bunch of articles in the
early 90's about "green machines"- you can have a
environmentally friendly Imperial if you know what
you're doing and still have all the fun as when it
left the assembly line.
        That, and there are a few loop holes in the emission
system......