68 torsion bar question

In "Chrysler World" a RH side part always ends with an even number and a
LH side part with an odd number.  Further, the RH/LH determination is
made according to the part location as viewed from the driver's seat.

Torsion bars have the last 3 digits of the p/n embossed into the ends of
the bars.  Look for 891 or 934 or whatever.  There may even be an "L" or
"R" after the number - I think there is _ but I won't swear to it.

It sounds like you are off "one hex" on your installation.  I could
describe the process for correcting this on a "regular" Chrysler but not
on an Imperial.