E-bay '66 with 20s!

Quoting Ron Graham <rdgrahamiii@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Rob, I agree with you. It looks way cool. Ron
>
> Rob P <fristpenny@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Anybody see the '66 on e-bay with the
> 20" wheels? Not to start a war, but I
> like it!

Well, taste is completely subjective, so there is no comment there.  However, it
can be said that the suspension of these cars was never designed for this type
of wheels and tires.  Our old cars were designed to lean a bunch in corners
compared to modern cars, and this type of super wide and low profile tires will
not like that, and the handling may suffer.  For certain cases, the traction
forces may be too high, far-far higher than the original bias ply tires that
the suspension was designed for.  As a result, you can expect that the ball
joints and bushings to wear out a lot faster than normal.  Finally, the rolling
diameter of the tire is upset, meaning that the speedo and cruising performance
of the car will also deteriorate.

D^2