[FWDLK] A Belvedere Day

Couldn't stand it any longer. I borrowed a dealer plate from work yesterday
and decided to drive my Belvedere to work "to have my brakes adjusted-was my
excuse". She ran very well for the 40 or so mile to work. I put the car on
the hoist and one of our mechanics and I spent an hour trying to get those
darn rear drums off. Luckily a call to that Chrysler dealer that's been
around for ever paid off. They had the original tool to remove those drums.
Even with this it was a bear. I'm going to ask them if they will sell me
that puller. It's slick. They had to go into their attic at the dealership
to find it, so I don't think they will miss it. No problems found with the
brakes other than some hot spots on the drums. I'm going to get them turned.
I took advantage of all the neat cleaners that a new car dealership has and
spent quite some time cleaning her up. I got my licence plates, and toured
around Stratford tonight. I have to admit, the car looked pretty good. I
stopped at a store and came out to find about 5 people standing around the
car (they owned a Lincoln). "What year is it?" They asked. "58" says I. "Are
these the cars you push the buttons to start?" another asks. "No, the
buttons are for shifting" I said. "Cool" said another. The best comment was
when I stopped at a burger joint for dinner. As I was walking away from the
car a late model Blazer rolls in and these two guys in their early 20's look
at the Belvedere and say "What the..". No idea what it was. You just gotta
love these foreward look cars! You don't get these comments with your 57
Chevies. My two year old son got his first ever ride this Morning in it. The
best comment of the day was his: "Nice Belbideer Daddy". He had a grin from
ear to ear, especially if I goosed the gas and made those duals sing.
 I drove her home as the sun was setting. She loves 70mph. The only thing I
noticed was a steady vibration at 50mph. I think it's a u-joint. Can anyone
tell me a common part number for these? I hope I can get one from my local
parts supplier.
 Regarding my smoking problem. It stopped by the time I got to work-WHEW!

                       My day in a nutshell
   Todd
58 CLEAN Belvedere 4 door Sport Sedan