Re: [FWDLK] A Belvedere Day

Todd -

        You can buy the puller, called a Universal Hub Puller, from A&I Supply
(1-800-260-2647).  They sell it for 88.95.  A&I is a tool supply company.
I've ordered stuff from them and have always been satisfied. They also
advertise in Hemmings.

        I definitely recommend buying the puller.  I've removed some 'impossible'
brake drums this way.
Ron
----------
> From: St. Clair, Todd <tstclair@xxxxxxx>
> To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [FWDLK] A Belvedere Day
> Date: Friday, May 15, 1998 10:46 PM
>
> Couldn't stand it any longer. I borrowed a dealer plate from work
yesterday
> and decided to drive my Belvedere to work "to have my brakes adjusted-was
my
> excuse". She ran very well for the 40 or so mile to work. I put the car
on
> the hoist and one of our mechanics and I spent an hour trying to get
those
> darn rear drums off. Luckily a call to that Chrysler dealer that's been
> around for ever paid off. They had the original tool to remove those
drums.
> Even with this it was a bear. I'm going to ask them if they will sell me
> that puller. It's slick. They had to go into their attic at the
dealership
> to find it, so I don't think they will miss it. No problems found with
the
> brakes other than some hot spots on the drums. I'm going to get them
turned.
> I took advantage of all the neat cleaners that a new car dealership has
and
> spent quite some time cleaning her up. I got my licence plates, and
toured
> around Stratford tonight. I have to admit, the car looked pretty good. I
> stopped at a store and came out to find about 5 people standing around
the
> car (they owned a Lincoln). "What year is it?" They asked. "58" says I.
"Are
> these the cars you push the buttons to start?" another asks. "No, the
> buttons are for shifting" I said. "Cool" said another. The best comment
was
> when I stopped at a burger joint for dinner. As I was walking away from
the
> car a late model Blazer rolls in and these two guys in their early 20's
look
> at the Belvedere and say "What the..". No idea what it was. You just
gotta
> love these foreward look cars! You don't get these comments with your 57
> Chevies. My two year old son got his first ever ride this Morning in it.
The