[FWDLK] '57 Mayfair Supplemental

I don't know Canadian series numbers well enough to
translate "D-65", but the equivalent '57 Plymouth model
numbers are "P-30" and "P-31", at least in the States.
I think P-31 is the V-8.  (Someone will correct me if
I'm wrong...)

I think the V-8 Mayfair had a Canada-only 303.  I think
David Homstad has a Canadian '56 Custom Royal with this
engine.  Whether '56 and '57 have the same choke will
probably depend on the carburetor...  ...all '57s have
a lower hood line and a different air cleaner from '56
and before, but I don't know if carbs were different.

I think a '57 303 would probably take the same choke
as a US '57 Plymouth 301, and I suspect a choke from a
later 313/318 with similar carb would probably work
passably.

Chrysler Canada was different with sixes too.  The
Canada-only 228, if it was still offered in '57, is
probably similar enough to the US 230 that chokes might
interchange.  At some point in the late '50s, the
Canadian Dodge and Plymouth got the 250 six which had
previously been offered in pre-'55 Chryslers and
DeSotos; not sure if these used the choke from the
earlier models or something else.

Hope this helps!

Mike Sealey

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com