Re: [FWDLK] 3-speed w/od + 58' ply golden comando

Re: [FWDLK] 3-speed w/od + 58' ply golden comando

Hey Dan, thanks for the response. Its not a torqueflite, its a manual
tranny. Its a three on the tree, and fourth gear is a lever on the dash.
I bought the car about a year ago, from Billings, MT. My father, (who
lives in Casper, Wy) was the one who found it for me. he also was the
one, who went and got it and another car for me(the guy threw in a 63'
chrysler imperial as incentive to buy the savoy, neat huh?) Anyway, I
would not even venture a guess as to how many 57, 58, 59 plymouths my
father heve seen in his lifetime, and he has seen only one other 3-speed
OD car, and that is a 57 Plaza 4-dr sedan 6 cyl car that he bought for
parts, after he picked up mine. My original idea for the car was a mild
pro-street(I know, don't say it), but upon finding out how rare the car
potentially is, I changed my mind. I have yet to drive or see the car
other than pictures as I Live in Maine, but I am going out to get the
car in feb, along with the belvadere golden comando. As for that car, I
am getting it from my father, and I don't know exactly where he got it
from, but he did say that the people he bought it from had purchased it
from the government in 1960, that it might have been used as a rum
runner car and been confiscated. The car still has, or has evidence of
the extra tank in the trunk for the rum. The motor was removed from the
car and put into a pickup(ford I think), and driven for a time until the
guy became scared of the truck(too fast), took the motor out, sold the
truck. My father, bought the motor after buying the car, because they
were not owned buy the same people. (they were owned by brothers) Sadly
the tranny has long gone, as well as the intake and carbs, but I guess I
can find that stuff if luck holds out. I am also going to buy a 58
belvadere 2-dr hardtop from my father, nothing special about this car,
needs front fenders, big suprise! Anything you guys can come up with
would be a big help, thanks.

Jason Suitor

57 savoy 2-dr sedan
58 belv 4-dr hardtop
58 belv 2-dr hardtop

My father(who is on the list, but doesn't like to write)

57 belv convert
57 belve 2-dr hardtop
57 belve 2-dr hardtop
36 dodge 4-dr convert