[FWDLK] Question, answer, and documentation

[FWDLK] Question, answer, and documentation

In regards to the tool box question..........The old 5 gallon pickle bucket
is always a good choice.
Cheap, waterproof, has a nice handle, and has a smell that will cut through
grease. I used to do a
lot of canoeing and found out that nothing kept things dryer no mater how
much you spent. And they
float. (FYI... Miller Lite cans will float while 95% of all others go
straight to the bottom).

What is the deal with the 1960-61 build sheets from the Chrysler Historical
people? I sent them my
check and vehicle # and they sent it back with "no record" on file. (My step
father bought the Dodge
in 1960 so I'm almost sure it wasn't cloned from a Nash).

Documentation of a vehicle is really somewhat subjective anyway. It is my
understanding that all "Chrysler"
cars could be ordered "a la carte" from the factory, with any features,
colors, options,etc that one wanted.
They were also "Dealered up"... the dealers ordered a lot of base units and
did there own add on's in house
to fit the buyers wants by adding dual mirrors, power options, etc. After
all in the late 50's some people
wanted the crossram/dual carbs in a base car for speed and others wanted it
in a loaded car to pull that
Cris Craft to the lake.

My Dodge is documented as being dead bone stock except for ... the stainless
gravel guards that my mom bought for
my dad Christmas 1960. The map light that I installed in the dash last year
(I never liked that little close out above
the radio) The spark plugs,it seems that the original factory ones fouled
out, the factory air filter didn't hold up either,
and I guess I did replace the tires a couple of times.I am also ashamed to
say and must revel if pictures ever published
that I  bought a replacement fuel filter from NAPA  in 1972. I did preserve
an exceptionally rare option though. That I
am sure that the build sheet (if  I ever get one from the forwardlook
police) will confirm is the only known 1960
Dodge Polara special coupe with the Howdy Doody swim ring option. I found it
under a box in the trunk. It is such a
rare option that I have not seen any mention of it in any literature. I feel
sure that I have the only remaining example. I feel
sure that my car is worth 4 to 5 times as much as all of your plain Jane
cars.

Deane

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for
the use of the addressee.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by telephone (404-691-7400) or by electronic
mail (helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx), and delete this message and all copies and
backups thereof.  Thank you.