Re: [FWDLK] 56 Dodge Detail Questions

Scott,

> 1- Can anyone tell me if the taillights were different between models on
the
> 1956 Dodge. I bought a set that are solid round chrome but the set on the
> car has 2 grooves cut into the top 1/2 and bottom 1/2 and look like the
> grooves were painted black at one time. Also the originals have a tab
about
> 1" that goes fowrard and blends into the sheetmetal part of the taillight.

The taillamps you bought are for the Coronet and Royal series.   The Custom
Royal had the two grooves (that were painted black) and had the tab that
went foward.

> 2- Did "all" (and we all know what that term can imply) Custom Royals have
> painted headlight Bezel with a thin chrome ring  or did some have the full
> chrome trim ring?

Yes, the Custom Royal had the fancier hooded, painted bezel.  The full
chrome ring was used on the Coronet and Royal.

> 3- Did the Custom Royal have the "Lancer" badge on the front fenders?

The "Lancer" name was used on all hardtops and convertibles, but not on
sedans and wagons.  And it was on the front fender, with the "Custom Royal"
on the rear fender.

> 4- Did the Custom Royal have the dashboard framed in chrome and the  other
> models plain?

The Custom Royal had the area with gauges and radio speaker outlined in
chrome, while the Coronet and Royal did not.