Re: [FWDLK] What engine code is this??

Mike,

It is sort of a typo.  I was using the Canadian parts catalogue which lists
the Coronet V8 as a 325 on page INF-4.  Every other list I have, including
the American Dodge brochure, lists the engine as a 326.  I guess the
Canadian computing the size of the engines based on the bore and stroke
rounded the result down instead of up.  Or the typesetter made a typo.

I should have caught that, too, as I have used the 326 figure in previous
messages on the 1959 Dodge engine line-up!

And thanks for the info on the Checker.   I knew Checker switched to
Chevrolet engines from Mopar (and Continental), but never knew why the
change was made.

Bill
Vancouver, BC