[FWDLK] 3-speed '55 Chrysler on Ebay

Hey gang,

Have you seen the 2-dr. hardtop 1955 Chrysler Windsor on Ebay, with the incredibly rare 3-speed column shift?  It's a project, needing everything, and is located in the Texas Panhandle (sorry, but that's about 350 miles from me, so I can't check it out for you).  SOMEBODY has got to save and restore this car.  If I didn't have so many restoration projects already, it would be me.  I love oddly equipped cars like that.  Ebay # 1818057402.  Doesn't run, is rusty, and looks like it has been sitting outdoors for many years.  $400, the last time I looked.

After 25-30 years of attending car shows and auctions, I saw my first 3-speed column-shift 1955 Windsor last October at Hershey.  It was a blue 4-dr. sedan in the car show section on Saturday morning, and being a single-color, plain-looking 4-dr., I almost passed it by, but when I looked inside and saw that factory stick shift, I nearly fell over.  I took a photo of it after that!  Hey, Terry H., how rare are these????

Pete Phillips
Ector, Texas
'58 Imperial coupe
'63 New Yorker sedan