[Chrysler300] Hot Shoes

Thanks for the input and war stories from all the unrepentant hot-shoes.
Tom McCahill stated in 1955 these cars were not for the Rosemary (?)
Blushbottom types and he was right.

Maybe our love for our 300's is genetic.  I see the quote time after
time that,
 "I remember the first one I saw, and I knew I had to have one".
That is exactly my experience and I regret having waited 49 years to
"have one".

I would ask for any help anyone can provide on verifying an article
I recall that Chrysler 300's were used as Highway Patrol pursuit cars on
the
Pennsylvania or New Jersey turnpike.  I remember a quote that the only
thing that ever outran one was a big Mercedes.
I would love to hear someone confirm that story and would really
appreciate it if anyone had a copy of the article to share it.
I see Dodge is now peddling Chargers to the constables.

Rich Barber Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300-w/Hemi
2005 Dodge Durango-w/Semi-Hemi

Ben Meisner wrote:

I promise to say no more. While the only... Hmmmm...
racing I did was on the highway with a police car in tow on occasion
or on the many old air strips that dotted Canada in the early 60's
I must say this to a person everyone who ever rode with me said that the
300 -E
which is what I drove rode the best, at 130 mph it felt like it was
floating and
you could control it. Now as all of you old racers will acknowledge
there is a
difference from herding the rig down the road or track and driving it.
I went to great pains to find the old girl a few years back and when
I stick my shoe into it , well it still rides the same as it did in
1959, and 60 .
There is little doubt that a Chevy did keep up with me on one occasion
but I'll bet a nice new Canadian dollar he wasn't having as much fun behind
the wheel as I was and that really is what has always set the letter
cars in a
different class then the regular run.

Meisner, Canada

Yahoo! Groups Links