Re: [Chrysler300] Hot Shoes

I have heard stories that in 1957 and/or 1958 the New Jersey Turnpike
police used Chrysler NYER Station wagons with hemis in them built to 300
specs.  Maybe someone who lived in the area and drove on the Turnpike at
the time could confirm that.  I have heard this story many times although
have never seen one of these vehicles.

I do remember that when I first started driving on the NJ Turnpike the cops
were running '65 NYers as their cars.  I have no idea what was under the
hood.  That was before I had heard of 300s.  I was driving a 6 cylinder
Plymouth at the time so in no way tried to out run them.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer

Yahoo! Groups Links